DIY Macrame Wall Hanging

Folks i've been wanting one of these ever since I saw one of my favorite bloggers get one for her living room. After that I was hooked and wanted one in my house right now! I searched the site they suggest for buying one, and was blown away with the price tag of $100 for a wall hanging...no thank you.

So I decided to try my hand at one myself. How hard can it be right?





Supplies:
  • 70 yards (approx 63m) of rope
  • a wooden dowel
  • paintbrush
  • scissors
  • painters tape
  • acrylic paint
  • large wooden beads



Attach Dowel to wall: I use the removable Command hooks 



Cuts the rope up into 12 Foot pieces. Then starts tying the rope in lark head knots. Then a double half hitch knot all the way across.


Tie double half hitch knots diagonally along the ropes. Add wooden beads here and there before tying the knot off completely.


Then start tying switch knots using 4 ropes each. 




Add a double half hitch knots (as before) & bring those along diagonally.
Trim the ends of the rope.


I still have to go back over it and tighten the ropes, but I love it!




 photo Untitled_zps4c4005f4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment