This project took longer than expected. Well not really the project just getting this post uploaded. I've been slacking because once I finished painting it I started the process of cleaning my craft room. Which lead to me piling everything in the center of the room and putting up the stuff slowly. Back to the subject, I love my new cabinet. This was my grandmothers sewing cabinet and she gave it to me recently. She's going through a stage now where she wants to rid herself of everything she owns. She has the whole idea that when it comes her time to go, she doesn't want us to be burden with going through everything.
When Jason and I first moved into our home, my grandmother was the reason we had a house full of furniture. She gave us almost everything we have here. There are some odd and ends Jason's family has given us. Alot of trips have been made and alot of gas money has been spent. Solid wood furniture weighs a ton by the way.
I still am shocked every time I see a transformation and love how some paint and new hardware can change something.
How about that globe? I bought it at a local thrift store for $8.00 SCORE!
Here's what I did!
1. I disassembled the who cabinet to make it easy to sand and paint.
2. Bought new hardware (Knobs and Handles).
3. Sanded all the wood which took a week.
4. Bought some Krylon Paint and Primer in Gold.
5. Spray painted all the knobs and plastic pieces.
6. Wiped down and painted the cabinet. It took two coats of paint. The color was by Behr in Coral Serenade which I LOVE!!!
Be sure to subscribe and check back for more. Leave a comment below and let me know if you have a crafting room, if you have some pics leave me a link to see them.